- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Your introduction to the academics whose ideas will be making radio waves across 2019.
The New Generation Thinkers is an annual competition run by BBC Radio 3 and the Arts and Humanities Research Council to select 10 researchers at the start of their careers who can turn their fascinating research into stimulating programmes.
In this event, the 2019 selection make their first public appearance together.
Hosted by Eleanor Rosamund Barraclough of Durham University. She has presented Beyond the Walls: In Search of the Celts for BBC Four, Essays and Documentaries for BBC Radio 3’s special seasons on Forests and The Frozen North. She is author of Beyond the Northlands: Viking Voyages and the Old Norse Sagas and in 2013 became one of the BBC/AHRC New Generation Thinkers.
For your information…
- Phase one tickets will be available from 12noon on Friday 15 February, with phase two tickets available from 12noon on Friday 1 March.
- Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.
- To guarantee your ticket book in advance. There will be some tickets available on the day on a first come, first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.
Part of BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival
Welcome to the Free Thinking Festival from BBC Radio 3. All weekend here at Sage Gateshead we’re gathering together a throng of talented individuals to wrestle, debate and celebrate the theme of this year’s festival: Emotion. Whether it’s the angry turn in contemporary politics,...